I'm a game designer at Ubisoft Toronto, specializing in game systems, user interface, and economy balancing; and a teacher in Sheridan College's bachelor of game design program.
I'm a total math & science geek, and avid game jammer. In terms of Richard Carrillo's taxonomy of game designers, I'm an "Analyst," favouring technical/deductive approaches to game system design.
I do most of my personal work in Unity & C#, and love playing with shaders and algorithm design.
Hit me up on Twitter if I'm not on chat - my DMs are open and I love helping fellow creators make cool stuff. :D
- Game Development♦ 76.7k 76.7k 1616 gold badges143143 silver badges214214 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 989 989 11 gold badge77 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 232 232 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Mathematics 161 161 44 bronze badges
- Super User 141 141 77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 324 Why are people developing and publishing games online without charging money?
- 238 Why is it so bad to optimize too early?
- 201 What are the advantages of putting cheat codes into a game?
- 157 How to deal with "Scrooge McDucks" in my fixed-currency-amount game?
- 129 Why do RPGs let you know how much XP you need to level up?
- 116 What is the point of update independent rendering in a game loop?
- 104 Why do we use the Pythagorean theorem in game physics?
- View more network posts →