My name is Douglas and my pronouns are he / him / his. I've been an elected community moderator on GameDev.StackExchange since 2017.
I've worked as a professional game designer since 2007, including 10 years at Ubisoft Toronto. Currently I'm teaching game design while studying toward a master's degree. I'm a total math & science geek, and avid game jammer.
I do most of my personal work in Unity & C#, and love playing with shaders and algorithm design.
Hit me up on Twitter if I'm not on chat - my DMs are open and I love helping fellow creators make cool stuff. 😃
- Game DevelopmentMod 103.5k 103.5k 1818 gold badges192192 silver badges280280 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 242 242 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Mathematics 191 191 44 bronze badges
- Super User 141 141 77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 336 Why are people developing and publishing games online without charging money?
- 243 Why is it so bad to optimize too early?
- 201 What are the advantages of putting cheat codes into a game?
- 157 How to deal with "Scrooge McDucks" in my fixed-currency-amount game?
- 130 Why do RPGs let you know how much XP you need to level up?
- 121 What is the point of update independent rendering in a game loop?
- 112 How are imaginary numbers useful in video game creation?
- View more network posts →