I'm a game designer at Ubisoft Toronto, specializing in game systems, user interface, and economy balancing; and a teacher in Sheridan College's bachelor of game design program.
I'm a total math & science geek, and avid game jammer. In terms of Richard Carrillo's taxonomy of game designers, I'm an "Analyst," favouring technical/deductive approaches to game system design.
I do most of my personal work in Unity & C#, and love playing with shaders and algorithm design.
Hit me up on Twitter if I'm not on chat - my DMs are open and I love helping fellow creators make cool stuff. :D
- Game Development♦ 92.7k 92.7k 1818 gold badges171171 silver badges251251 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 242 242 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Mathematics 171 171 44 bronze badges
- Super User 141 141 77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 333 Why are people developing and publishing games online without charging money?
- 239 Why is it so bad to optimize too early?
- 201 What are the advantages of putting cheat codes into a game?
- 157 How to deal with "Scrooge McDucks" in my fixed-currency-amount game?
- 130 Why do RPGs let you know how much XP you need to level up?
- 117 What is the point of update independent rendering in a game loop?
- 112 How are imaginary numbers useful in video game creation?
- View more network posts →