Team Lead/Usability/Architect/Software Engineer at Hewlett Packard.
Game development background in game design, level design, coding, and user interface/usability.
Worked with Valve Software for a few years when the mod team I was part of (Day of Defeat) got bought.
Spent 13 years working on oceanographic research ships developing software for real time data acquisition, display and management.
Computer Science degree that's so old I can say I have taken a class in COBOL :)
Presented (a long time ago) at GDC and other conferences on the use of games, game technologies and game concepts for non-entertainment applications such as education, simulation and visualization.
Member for 8 years, 11 months
46 profile views
Last seen Oct 10 at 17:54
- Game Development 10.2k 10.2k 11 gold badge2525 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.7k 2.7k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 319 319 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Arqade 261 261 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Homebrewing 243 243 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 218 Is it good style to explicitly return in Ruby?
- 79 Water/Ocean simulation and physics
- 58 Lag compensation with networked 2D games
- 40 How to deal with (bad?) player suggestions
- 38 How to create a hexagon world map in PHP from a database for a browser based strategy game
- 30 Reasons to disable game save during combat (e.g. Mass Effect 2)
- 26 Is it unethical to make a game AI that is secretly non-competitive?
- View more network posts →