Team Lead/Architect/Software Engineer at Hewlett Packard.
Game development background in coding, game design, level design, and user interface/usability. Also 3d modeling if required.
Worked with Valve Software for a few years when the mod team I was part of (Day of Defeat) got bought.
Spent 13 years working on oceanographic research ships developing software for real time data acquisition, display and management.
Computer Science degree that's so old I can say I have taken a class in Cobol :)
Have presented at GDC and other conferences on the use of games, game technologies and game concepts for non-entertainment applications such as education, simulation and visualization.
Member for 8 years, 6 months
42 profile views
Last seen May 24 at 2:24
- Game Development 9.9k 9.9k 11 gold badge2525 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.6k 2.6k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 214 214 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Webmasters 191 191 44 bronze badges
- Arqade 181 181 55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 214 Is it good style to explicitly return in Ruby?
- 74 Water/Ocean simulation and physics
- 58 Lag compensation with networked 2D games
- 40 How to deal with (bad?) player suggestions
- 38 How to create a hexagon world map in PHP from a database for a browser based strategy game
- 30 Reasons to disable game save during combat (e.g. Mass Effect 2)
- 26 Is it unethical to make a game AI that is secretly non-competitive?
- View more network posts →