"If you really want to understand something, the best way is to try and explain it to someone else.
That forces you to sort it out in your mind. And the more slow and dim-witted your pupil, the more you have to break things down into more and more simple ideas. And that's really the essence of programming.
By the time you've sorted out a complicated idea into little steps that even a stupid machine can deal with, you've learned something about it yourself." - Douglas Adams
- Stack Overflow 59.8k 59.8k 1717 gold badges132132 silver badges186186 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 24.5k 24.5k 1212 gold badges6868 silver badges115115 bronze badges
- Game Development 3.2k 3.2k 11 gold badge2424 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Arqade 774 774 55 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Super User 475 475 88 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1249 Six simple tips to get Stack Overflow reputation fast
- 635 Multiple lines of input in <input type="text" />
- 558 Formatting Sandbox
- 179 What are the hidden features of Stack Exchange?
- 161 Possible Loss of Fraction
- 156 How does comment voting and flagging work?
- View more network posts →