Programming questions about game-related engines/frameworks/library API are welcome. Another reason to ask here is when one thinks that a professional game developer would give a better/different/more specific answer to the question than other programmers.
Otherwise, general programming questions more likely belong on Stack Overflow instead of here. This includes programming questions about:
- language API (e.g., how to use a
vectorin your favourite language),
- compiler errors, linker errors, runtime errors or exceptions,
- general networking strategies,
- language construct optimization,
As usual, some questions will be borderline, and we expect the community to vote to close them as they think.
This is based on past discussions:
- Have we abandoned the rule about generic programming questions?
- Generic programming questions are off-topic, period. Right?
- Do we still consider programming questions off topic if the context is game-dev related, but the problem turned out to be generic?
- Programming Questions: Here or "Belongs on Stackoverflow"?
- This question's revisions