I'm aware of this question in Meta: Do we need tags for 'rectangle', 'circle', 'triangle', 'hexagon' and 'shape'?, and as a hex grid nut I think the 'hexagon' tag is a special case.
Having said that, I've found a list of questions related to hexagons (as in "hex grids") that are missing the 'hexagon' tag:
- Tweaking Heightmap Generation For Hexagon Grids
- Technical differences between square and hexagon for a grid?
- How to orient a hexagonal tile on a geodesic sphere (Goldberg polyhedron)?
- Hexagonal Game Board Modal?
- Showing range on hexagonal grid
- hexagonal grid Mouse over
- LibGDX hexagonal tilemap getting adjacent tiles
- Error in Finding Nearest Hexagonal Tile
- Applying Textures to Hexagonal Tiles Seamlessly
- Elevation model for hexagonal game grids
- Generating vertices for group of hexagons
- Find connected hex of same color
- Getting neighbors of hex tiles in 3D space
- How do I calculate hex coordinates from a ring and index?
- White dots artifacts when applying borders to hex tiled geometry
I'm not advocating for a massive serial retag, as I know (and I've felt in other SE sites) how disruptive those massive retaggings are, but hopefully something slower and calmer could be done about it.
It would be nice to have 'hexagon', 'hexes' and 'hexgrid' search results under the same tag.
After all, this SE may be the best online resource about hex grids, bar the excellent guide at Red Blob Games.