I noticed we have a blog tag. As it is, it has limited use, and no usage guideline1.
I could only see two reasons why such a tag would be used:
- In regards to questions asking for help in finding or identifying a particular blog, or blogs that match particular requirements.
- In regards to questions asking for help in creating a blog.
In the first instance, such questions are effectively asking for resource referrals. We automatically consider these questions off-topic. This also seems to be the only current usage for the tag, with requests for:
- NES-era game technique articles (closed)
- Game development blogs (closed)
- A specific blog, where the author came up with a daily game idea
- Updates regarding Valves Source engine
In the second instance, I fail to see how the context is on topic for game development, regardless. Even if the subject of said blog was game developing, I would think you would not ask a game developer for professional opinion; you would ask a writer.
Do we really need the blog tag?
1 As is common, in a lot of "usage guidelines" I see on here, there is a usage excerpt that tells me what a blog is; but nothing to tell me how the actual tag should be legitimately used.