The jam has ended, and the voting has started already. Check out the answers to this question and the games inside them, and vote them up if you think they deserve it. Downvotes are fine if that's how you want to vote, but at least leave a comment so the creators know how they should improve.
The voting will end on Sunday, November 9th, at 00:00 UTC (7 days after the end of the competition, minus a few hours so that I can be awake to close it) If you wanted to participate but didn't have the chance, don't be sad! There will be another jam in the Winter!
Please submit your game before Sunday late-night for your time zone as you will not have time to work on your game on Monday.
We're going to keep the same rules as before:
- Participants are allowed to write games for any platform.
- All publicly available libraries and middleware are allowed. All publicly available creation tools (e.g. Photoshop or 3DS Max) are allowed.
- The entrant is allowed use any premade assets as long as they're freely available on the web before the start of the jam, and the licenses allow them to be used in an open source project (e.g. opengameart.org). If you plan to use assets you've created prior to the jam, release them to opengameart or the like before the jam begins.
- Assets created by the entrant during the game jam may also be used.
- The forming of teams is not allowed.
- Each entrant may ask questions on the main gamedev.stackexchange site, as long as the questions are on-topic as per normal site rules. Alternatively, the chatroom may also be used.
- Each entrant must release their game as open source after attaching a license of their choice.
Potluck Jam! Before the jam, everyone submitted 5 words into the potluck. When the jam started, each participant was assigned 5 random words from those submitted. Contestants pick 3 of these words to use as their personal theme. If you are late to the game, come over to chat, and we can hook you up. Here are the word assignments:
- afunplatypus: Force, Redirection, Following, Underground, Explosions
- ali-s: Concurrency, Laser, Delusion, Airlifter, Attack
almo: Experimental, Acid, Mace, Armory, Energy-shield
- anko: Explosions, HYPER-challenging, Heights, Automation, Destroy
- ashes999: Spy, Flat, Bread, Lasers, Dream
- attackinghobo: Water, Skis, Spider, Latvian, Dodging
- bbdude95: Mana, Turtle, Sisyphus, City, Pacifism
byte56: Industry, Bum, Parallelism, Heaven, Hat
- congusbongus: Earth, Existential, Honey, Empire, Crossbow
- costava: Space, Floating, Piece, Flogging, Ocean
- cyborg: Mustard, Pancakes, Warp, Fruit-tree, Detective
- delkaan: Panda, Imagination, Blue, Timetravel, Explosion
- joe: Matter, Flat, Backtrack, Light, Population
- john-mcdonald: Wind, Power, BBQ, Gear, Cows
- lasse: Evolution, Vortex, Non-combat, Roomba, Upgrade
- lokkij: Harvest, Fluidic, Square, Elevator, Paranoia
- micklh: Experimental, Acid, Mace, Armory, Energy-shield
- mlm: Meats, Lasers, Deep, Blink, Void
- paraknight: Meta, Wormhole, Tactical, Unity, Bears
- pip: Generator, Cespool, Marble, Boxes, Future
- spartandonut: Ninja, Battlefield, Bouncy, Panic, Crafting
- the-phantom-derpstorm: Romance, Polka, Work, Detcord, Caves
- trilarion: Fast, Fire, Interruption, Defend, Robots
When your game is complete, add an answer here with a link to a playable version, a link to the source, a screenshot or two, and what your 5 words were. Don't forget to vote on the other games, and have fun!
Please refrain from voting on your favorites until the jam has concluded. You will have an entire week to vote on the games at the conclusion of the jam.