The spring gamejam is going to take place here in meta yet again! The jam will take place 12:00 PM Friday the 4th of April to 11:59 AM Monday, the 7th of April UTC time.
We're going to keep the same rules as before:
- Participants are allowed to write games for any platform.
- All publicly available libraries and middleware are allowed. All publicly available creation tools (e.g. Photoshop or 3DS Max) are
- The entrant is allowed use any premade assets as long as they're freely available on the web and the licenses allow them to be used in an open source project (e.g. opengameart.org).
- Assets created by the entrant during the game jam may also be used.
- The forming of teams is not allowed.
- Each entrant may ask questions on the main gamedev.stackexchange site, as long as the questions are on-topic as per normal site rules. Alternatively, the chatroom may also be used.
- Each entrant must release their game as open source after attaching a license of their choice.
The jam's theme will be: Let's make a game!
So, think of something nice, and when the jam starts, create it! We figured it would be nice to see what great ideas everyone has, and not bind them with a predefined theme.